Monday, August 10, 2009

The Art of Getting What You Want Continued...

My darling husband of 3 years (as of Wednesday!) bought me a DYSON VACUUM! I know at least a little bit of me should have been mad but how can I be mad? I want to be the next nice Martha Stewart! I obviously get really excited about the thought of a new high tech vacuum! The Container Store is like a candy store for me. I'd take a trip to Home Goods over Bloomingdale's any day of the week. I have easily more than half of Williams-Sonoma's catalogue in my kitchen. No joke. Our last move was a pain in the butt purely because of the amount of kitchen stuff and large furniture (my other weakness!) that we own. I know my "I'm a Mom, not a housewife" mother would roll her eyes at me for this post but I can't help it! (hi mom!)
Moral of the story... ask for what you really want, wait a few weeks and then ask for something even bigger. The first request seems like nothing then!
Did I not mention that I had been hitting darling husband up for a Dyson for a month before pushing the hard sell for a cleaning lady? :) I still really want the cleaning lady but I'll play nice for now. After all... current usage of the Dyson: darling husband 2, me zero!

No comments:

Post a Comment